Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Field Trip Camera

I try to go on field trips, but realistically it doesn’t happen because I have so many kids.  I feel guilty when I don’t go and then even more guilty when they come home saying, “Oh mom I wish you could’ve seen …”  That’s when this little beauty came in to save the day. 

0560_kodak-easyshare-camera

It is our “field trip camera”.  We started doing this last year and Kaylee’s field trip today reminded me to share it.  If someone has a field trip, they can take the camera to capture their special day.  It’s not so pricey that if something happens to it, I wouldn’t be upset, yet it’s digital so that we can easily erase or save pictures.  After their field trip they can sit with me that night and show me all about their day, and the things they loved.   

Of course there are PLENTY of pictures with their friends.  Last year when Kaylee went to the Butterfly Pavilion I think we counted over 20 pictures of her and her friends on the bus. 

The field trip camera helps me with my guilt.  I enjoy seeing their field trips through their pictures and even save some of the pictures to their own picture folders.  Of course it doesn’t compare to actually being there, but it sure works for our family!

2 comments:

Lillian J. Banks said...

I am so going to do this. My daughter always wants me to go with her to everything, but there is no way with my other little ones. This is a great solution. Thanks for sharing :)

T.Irwin said...

that's a really great idea. You get to have pictures of your kids with their friends and what they did. A great way to add to the scrapbook.