Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Family Field Trip - Pumpkin Patch

Last night I sat watching the news and saw that today was going to be BEAUTIFUL in the low 70’s!  AND that the weather would be quickly changing (SNOW) for Thursday through the weekend.

I had just finished typing my post on Monday’s picnic in the park and remembered what a beautiful day that was.  Well, I just could not send my kids to school on a day like this.  When they woke up and started donning their uniforms, I ordered them to change their clothes and get ready for a family field trip day.  We do a few of these a year (http://mymixofsix.blogspot.com/2009/04/earth-day.html).  Of course there was cheering!!!

We went to an incredible pumpkin patch in Longmont called the Anderson Farms.  Take a look at its aerial view:

09_maze

Yes, we did get lost in the train corn maze!  They had barrel trains, wagon rides, huge pumpkin patch, petting zoo, tricycle roadways, haystack mazes, feeding of goats and buffalo, playground areas…  Since it was a weekday, there were hardly any people there.  We had sooo much fun together! I loved how there was fun for the older boys and fun for the younger ones, that’s always tricky with such various ages.

Of course I took a ton of pictures that I will post tomorrow.  I will however post one favorite of Kaylee poking her head through the corn.  She was so giggly today.

@Pumpkin Patch

We also stopped at another fun place in Denver on the way home, but I will have to put up details tomorrow because I’m just too tired tonight.

I am so glad that we made today a family field trip day!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Shauna, it sounds like you had a fun day (as usual) with the kids. Often times, field trips are more educational than a day spent in the classroom....& this is coming from a teacher!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Family Field Trip day will be a fun memory for your kids. I wish I lived closer to fun things with your family!!!