Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Break

The kids had Fall Break this week.  We did A LOT of cleaning in the mornings and then A LOT of playing in the afternoons. 

Halloween Cookies with the Webb’s

Fall Break

The Denver Zoo, which has an amazing elephant exhibit.

Fall Break6

A movie, which was really cute!

cloudy_with_a_chance_of_meatballs

Ice Skating with Ice Cream afterwards

Fall Break5

Swimming with the Wright Family.  I wish that I had a picture of all of us.  Let’s just say there were A TON of kids!!!

Doing a Fall Project (my girls think that there MUST always be some project)  I found this one online  http://thatartistwoman.blogspot.com/2009/09/salt-dough-leaf-prints.html and LOVED how they turned out.  They are made from salt dough, baked til hard and then painted.  My favorite part was when we did the watered down brown paint over the top.  I think I might need a little easel to display one or two of these.

Fall break2

Fall break3

Went to a couple of friend birthday parties

Screamed, Fought, Practiced Piano, Laughed, Ate, Made Messes, Cleaned our Messes, and …I Cried because I had soo much fun with my kids, and they are getting older and they just won’t be with me for very much longer.  And I don’t think that after all the kids are gone that Stephen will sit with me and do these art projects or chase here and there with me. 

What am I going to do when my kids are grown and gone???

5 comments:

T.Irwin said...

"Cloudy with a chance of meetballs" was my favorite book in the 4th grade. I re-purchased it as an adult, and I still love it.

Love the pics (as usual)

Miriam said...

That's what I hear grandkids are for. I'm looking forward to that - someday - at the appropiate time!

tren said...

Grandkids!

jae said...

Don't worry Shauna, most nursing homes do craft time.

Heather said...

I've been following your blog for awhile and love it! I'm glad to hear there's another mom out there who feels like I do about my kids growing up way too fast. I think about it all the time and wonder what I will ever do without them. I get especially sentimental on their days off because we do have so much fun!