Sunday, May 2, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

UPDATE: I just printed up on regular paper the hands quote with teacher names.  I then took it to a Copy store and asked for them to make a transparent copy of my paper copy.  It was $1 for both my pages.  I then cut each out, rolled the transparent copies up and slipped them inside the bottle.  Then took a pencil or something to push the transparent copy up to the side of the sanitizer bottle. 

This week is teacher appreciation.  Each of my kids has a teacher and tutor, AND then each class adopted an office staff member or a specials teacher. 

So that means 3 teachers times 4 kids is 12 gifts.

For our school they do something each day.  The first day is homemade cards.  Then the next day each kid brings a flower to contribute to each teacher's vase.  The next day is a healthy snack or fruit to contribute to a big basket for each teacher.  Then they have a gift basket one day, where everyone puts their little gifts in.  This is also for the gift cards from the $ contributed.

ANYWAY, the cards are done, the small gifts are done ...
Soap

Now to just run to Costco tomorrow for the flowers and fruit.  Always something to do....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Did you just print clear label type stickers and put on hand sanitizer bottles? This is a fabulous idea!!! Thanks for sharing it.

Mary said...

Shauna - Thanks so much for sharing all of these great ideas! I just posted a little tribute to your blog on my family blog (http://byufamily.blogspot.com/2010/05/one-of-my-favorite-bloggers.html). Just thought you'd want to know, because that is the kind of thing I like to know. :)

katherinemarie said...

this is such a FANTASTIC idea!!!!!!!!! I've always wondered how people made these--- thanks for sharing your tips. AND wouldn't these would make ultra cool christmas stocking stuffers and mini bday gifts too? Party favors? ANYTHING!! :):) I'm going to try to see if I can print them in color!

CA Farrells said...

I love this idea and LOVE your blog too! Where do I find the quote and how big did you make each quote?

Unknown said...

Just email me and I will send you the version that I made and you can tweak it to what you need.

Heidi R said...

Shauna
I love this idea! Can you post a link to the poem, maybe a version with your fonts, so we can just plug in the teacher's name and copy what you did? That would be awesome!

Julie said...

Would it work to just print directly on a transparency sheet? Love this idea!

Teachinfourth said...

I had a parent who did a very creative present once (knowing that I love Halloween, autumn, and the movie You've Got Mail). I thought this was simply brilliant…

http://teachinfourth.blogspot.com/2008/09/autumn-bouquets-school-supplies.html

Karin Vavrichek said...

Can you email the poem /quote to me too? What a fantastic idea!! (I know I'm late to the party - hopefully not too late...) thanks!