Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Buckets

Towards the end of the school year as I'm getting excited for summer, the kids start getting a little sad that school is over.  Now this makes ME sad because I want them to be as excited as I am for the summer.  SOOOO I made these little summer buckets to have on the counter when they get home on the last day of school.
Summer Bucket3
They are filled with things that I usually buy for summer, like new swimsuits, flip flops, water balloons, sunglasses ....  Target's dollar section was filled with fun summer toys and had these buckets.  I also stuck in flyers about sport camps, circus, reunion agendas, family field trip places we are going ... you get the picture.
You know how you have teacher appreciation baskets, well these are my student appreciation baskets.

My favorite part of this is their letter to each of them about their school year.  Both Stephen and I write in the cards.  We try to highlight some of their strengths in their various subjects or field trips that we went on this year.  It just lets them know how proud we are of them.

Here is a picture of last year's buckets.
Summer Bucket2ED
Looking back at last years I remember giving them flashlights for campouts and also had pop and candy in there too.  Anyway, I wanted to check this off before next week and as I was fixing the buckets today Ashley asked where hers was.  I guess I better get two more whipped up.  

Why did I have SIX kids!?!?!

9 comments:

kimber said...

ok so i have been stocking your blog for a couple of wek now! and I totally enjoy reading it! This is a awesome idea! I have 6 kids also 2 i gave birth too and 4 i got when I married their dad almost 10 years ago! I have 5 teenagers in the mix from 18 -14 and then the last one is 11 but i think i am going to try this idea! it is way super cute!

Six-Pack Momma said...

The problem is not six kids...it's your expectations! Ha ha! :) You really do a lot for your kids. They are lucky kiddos, that's for sure! Keep it up!

Brittany said...

I. Love. This. Idea! So great!! Someday I hope I have six kids so I can do fun things like this. :) I'm linking this post to my blog. Thanks for sharing!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I love this idea! I might have to copy as usual.

Tia Hopper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hotlasagna said...

Thanks for all the great ideas. I've begun keeping track of all the holiday ideas you do that I love and this one definitely made the list. Thanks for helping the rest of us out with some creativity. What a fun idea!

Janessa said...

That is the best idea. What fun way to kick off summer break. I'm totally going to copy this one:) Thanks for the inspiration.
P.S. Thanks for all the great FHE ideas you post! We just did the pj/body one this week and the kids loved it. Thanks! Keep 'em coming!

The Dixons said...

Can I just say how awesome your website is!! That sounds like so much fun! i think I will do that for my kids! Thanks!

deb said...

What a fun idea!! I'll have to remember that when my kids are school age.