Monday, April 12, 2010

Gospel Art Kit Binders

I love art!  I love how differently artists can depict the same event.  I enjoy seeing the different perspectives.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the Gospel Art Picture Kit over the years.

It came in a little blue box, but that went by the wayside years ago because it was too hard for the kids to look through the pictures.  Instead I put them into different binders in sheet protectors.  One is for the Bible, one has miscellaneous modern day pictures, mormonads, coloring sheets, and the other is the Book of Mormon and Church History

Gospel Art Kit  
It makes it sooo much easier to thumb through the pages to find a certain story. 

I kinda ADD to the kit here and there.  I really don't think that the little blue box would be able to hold all my pictures.  I think I have 20 or so additional pictures for each section.  I love the art on the back and front covers of magazines, and usually tear a few out to add to my collections.  I don't save the magazines because I can find the articles online, but I do save the artwork.  The Kit is pretty comprehensive,  BUT there is always a different perspective or a scene that isn't in the kit.  Here is one of the Grand Council.
Gospel Art Ki2t
I just had to add it to the binder so that I had a picture depicting this event.  I am a visual person and LOVE to have pictures to teach with.  These binders just make FHE, Primary and helping the kids prepare talks so much easier.

I was just adding to the binders today, and thought I'd share the idea with you.  You are probably already doing it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I love that picture of the Grand Council. Thank you for all your great ideas!!

Heather said...

This IS a great idea! My little blue box is falling apart. I hadn't thought of adding artwork from the church magazines, either. Thanks!

Jaymerz said...

That is a great idea!! We have the new picture book and my kids have looked through it so much it is falling apart. I may have to just do this with all our pictures.

Miriam said...

Thank you for sharing this idea. I'm going to give this a try!

Anonymous said...

I love the book idea! We have the same problem here! Thanks for giving me the idea for a sunday project!

Unknown said...

Who is the artist of the Grand council picture? I want to get this.