Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

We had a very busy, but fun Easter weekend.  On Friday the kids and I went and "Egged" a few families.  We hid plastic Easter eggs with candies all over their yards and then left this note on the doorsteps as we rung the doorbells and ran.
Egged
The Webb family came and got us first this year.  Thanks for doing us, the kids always love to get egged as well as egg others.

That afternoon the girls worked on a little nest project.  Ashley was LOVING the wet glue.
Easter Project
Easter Project2
You drape the gluey yarn all over and then let it dry overnight.  In the morning you have a fun little nest.  You can see the project HERE.  Of course as soon as they saw their nests they wanted to make little birds to go into them, always a project! 

Also, I wanted to post who is in the picture for our holiday shelf.  It is....  Nathan in the coveted frame this month.  I thought it was a cute picture of him. 
Bunny5_edited-2 I will have to post the holiday shelf and a few other favorite decorations this week.
We also dyed Easter eggs, which is always fun to see the color combinations.

Jerrica was quite on the blue side ... check out her blue freckles.
Eggs Take a look at how stained and "wrinkled" her fingers are from "soaking" her hands in the dye with her eggs.
Eggs10 
She did start out nice and clean
Eggs2
Someone was cheesy ...
Eggs3
 Eggs8
 Eggs6
 Eggs7
We had a yummy Easter dinner.  For some reason I always eat too much when there is ham AND funeral potatoes.  They just go so well together.  We set the table with a Christ centerpiece.  I had a different picture on the back so that each side of the table had something to look at.  I wish that I would've picked up some daffodils yesterday to go along with it.

I loved hearing Jerrica say, "There's Jesus!"  And Ashley explain, "Ya, Jerrica this is Jesus' holiday.  This is His special day."  I just loved the conversation as we ate because Christ was the center of it.
Easter Dinner
Here is another one of our Easter Decorations that is Christ centered.  It is ceramic and reminds me of a nativity except that it symbolizes Christ's resurrection.  I have loved seeing Ashley and Jerrica looking and talking about it. 
Decor3 
Mix in General Conference, soccer games, the final four games, a little gardening and it was a great weekend!  I'm just sad that Easter is over.  It seems like it comes too quickly to fully enjoy!

4 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I Love your Christ themed dinner. You are such a neat mother!

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! Loved the pictures!

T.Irwin said...

sounds like you guys had fun! I love the nest project. Great idea!

How nice to have a dinner centered in Christ.

Anonymous said...

What camera do you use? I have been searching,and saw your pictures and thought "her camera. i need her camera" -thanks!