Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's

Stephen got home from playing basketball at midnight.  He proceeds to get me up away from the laptop to go Saran Wrap the kids' doorways to their bedrooms.  I thought "Oh boy here we start the trickery".  The sad part of the trick was that Kaylee woke up in the middle of the night from a bad dream and walked right through the Saran Wrap freaking her out even more.

This morning I made the lunches. 
April Fools Lunch
Ash was quite excited yesterday to switch out the chips and water bottles with me.  She kept doing her wild laugh as we were doing it.  My favorite part of the lunch was this cute little ant on the lunchmeat.
April Fools Lunch2
Rebecca said, "Oh mom, I just can't wait for lunch today!"  I love that they have something to look forward to.  You could even tell that the boys were excited.  I just LOVE holidays!  They give us a break from the same old same old.

I best get busy for the day.  My laundry and house are waiting for me to start working on them.

I do have a few more pranks up my sleeve for the day.  Do you have any good pranks?

10 comments:

Candice said...

Super cute ideas! Sure wish I would have thought of something like that to do this morning. Maybe I can swing it for dinner!

Nicole said...

You are so creative! What awesome ideas!

Unknown said...

You are one fun mom!

Pam said...

What a cool mom you are!! I love those ideas! :)

Heather said...

What fun ideas! I'll have to remember the cupcake idea for next year.

Jill said...

We like to draw on our older kids' faces with washable marker. It comes off with some soap, but is a shock for them to see themselves in the mirror when they wake up. Though, sometimes we accidentally wake them up in the process because my husband and I are giggling too loudly:) This year we wrote on my 10 y/o's arm "I love my mommy". Add in a mustache and freckles and she was done:) Sorry for the long reply!

Noble Pig-cathy said...

Salt in the sugar bowl...and then serve cereal for breakfast. And sew your hubby's fly shut on his underwear...when he get's to the office and then the urinal...well, you get it!! LOL.

mom2kmjx2 said...

My kids are on spring break for April fools but im still doing this thanks

Anna said...

April Fools is a Monday thi year, so I am doing this for sure!

Anonymous said...

Put mashed potatoes in a sundae bowl top with gravy and a cherry tomato.

dessert: toast up some angel food cake and put cheese colored frosting between two slices.

Lunch bag: Use green sharpie on outside of baggie color odd shaped circles put sandwich in baggie...