Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Recipes

I remember going down to my Grandma Jackie’s house and copying recipes when I was a girl.  She would always tell me that the first step in being a good cook was getting a good recipe.  Isn’t that SOO true!!!  And to this day I am constantly hounding friends for their recipes.

I love pulling out recipes that are in my own handwriting from when I was young.  They are nostalgic to me because they remind me of those days down at Grandma’s.  Sometimes she would sit and copy recipes with me.  I LOVE those treasured ones!  She would even have me cut out recipes from magazines and glue on recipe cards for her.  And for all of you who knew my Grandma Jackie, she had PLENTY of recipes and was an EXTREMELY good cook and baker.  I KNOW that she was right when she said that the first step in being a good cook is to get good recipes!

Well, on to my little recipe books.  This year for Christmas I wanted to give my two older girls a little binder for them to start copying and keeping recipes.  Then when they leave the house they will have tried and true recipes at their fingertips.  It will put them on the road to being great cooks!

My sister Alesha came home last summer and was baking up a storm with her favorite recipes.  I was surprised that she had taken the time to pick all of them out of her box and bring them home to mom’s.  She was quick to tell me that it was actually Haley’s (her daughter) recipe box.  It was small and easy to take on the trip, yet had their family’s favorites in it.

So, I found this fun site http://www.controllingmychaos.com/ with these amazing dividers and set myself to work.  I printed them up at Costco and am so grateful for Ms. Controlling my Chaos for being so crafty and willing to share.  I love how they turned out!

Recipes

 recipes2

Now to type up a few more of my favorite recipes.  I’m just getting excited for Christmas and all the fun projects I have planned to do for my kids.  I have ALWAYS enjoyed the handmade from the heart presents.

4 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I love this idea!! I need to do something like this for my girls!!

Controlling My Chaos said...

What a great idea for a gift. I'm so glad you did this. By the way, thanks for the link love. :)

lanisue said...

Please share your recipes:)

Trinette McCrary said...

I printed those same recipe dividers. I love them, so cute. Great idea, Shauna.