Monday, January 31, 2011

Hot Chocolate FHE

It is FREEZING here in Colorado.  We are talking -5 degrees outside.  SO I decided we needed a hot chocolate FHE tonight.  I had Rebecca grab eight very different hot chocolate mugs, and let me tell you we have quite the variety.  We filled them with hot chocolate and then sat around our table sipping and discussing the following poem.

Hot Chocolate2

I made this little reminder to hang on our fridge.  Below the reminder I kind of outlined our discussion for anyone interested.

Hot Chocolate

And that was our FHE for the night!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great lesson! It's a great reminder to let go of the small things, and really enjoy the lives our Heavenly Father has given us. Thank you for the reminder :)

tren said...

Why is plating so important in restaurants? The food is received better and even tastes better if it's well plated.
It's easy to say "it's not the cup that matters" when you happen to have a nice cup.
Just sayin'.

I do like your constant supply of great FHE lessons. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

I think that people get so worried about their outward appearance that they forget the real problems they have on the inside. Thanks for sharing another Family lesson with us.

Jaymerz said...

Another great family home evening lesson, thanks for sharing and for the reminder!!

Unknown said...

Trenya, I was just trying to teach them that during their lives they will probably be in a variety of cups but it is still "them" in the cup.

Food may taste better when plated well, but the plates don't change its nutritional value nor does it change what type of food it is.

Berly said...

Love it - I will have to steal this one.

Unknown said...

Amazing. It's really nice to read poetry like this. They're so thoughtful, full of wisdom and with lesson. I am going to include some short Christmas poems to my greetings this year and some of the verses would really fit. Happy Holidays!