Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Multiple Journaling

 On New Year's Eve Day I had printed up five different pictures of activities that we had done as a family.  I numbered them and passed them around having each family member write their memory of the event.  Here is one of the pictures that I used for this-

image

And here are some of their comments from this picture:

Kaylee:  "Ashley and Jerrica kept throwing an armrest cover out of the stroller and dad kept making Nathan pick it up"

Jacob:  "It was one of our best bike rides"

Nathan:  "A bird pooped on me and it pooped a ton!  And the poop was green."

Rebecca:  "We stopped halfway and walked up the back of Costco and got pizza for lunch and I didn't know we were going to do that but I was very hungry and so I was glad that we did that"

Jerrica:  "Dad pulling me on his bike under the trees"

Ashley:  "I wanted to ride my own bike and not have dad pull me"

I LOVE how different everyone's thoughts on the same memory are.  I could never capture all the little details from each one.  In fact I had forgotten a lot of the details that the kids brought out as we were doing these pictures.  I am definitely going to keep doing this at the end of the year to include in the back of my blog book.

3 comments:

Maria Babin said...

love it! great idea, shauna!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

this is a great idea! I love all the different memories of the same event. :)

DnSmum said...

Shauna,

I love this idea so much! I think I'm going to start doing this with one picture a month so that by the end of the year we have 12 full stories told in everyone's voice. With luck I'll have those 12 stories recorded in a scrapbook by New Year 2012 and we can spend part of the evening recalling our year together!