Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Update

Friday was out of control running kids around to practices, jazz class and scout campouts. 

Nathan started his outdoor practices with Copa.  When I picked him up he was talking about how fast this one boy was and then what a huge kick this other one had.  I told him that it was good to have all these boys on his team with their strengths to make up for weaknesses that other boys may have.  He then turned to me and said, "They probably wanted me because of my footwork.  I'm glad they needed me."  I smiled to myself as I heard HIM say that they WANTED and they NEEDED him.  I feel that it is so important to feel wanted and needed, but even more important to KNOW that. 

Saturday we had a "clean the entire house morning" that ended in an afternoon movie of ....

image

The buttery popcorn, giggles from the kids and snuggles from Jerrica made it the perfect afternoon.  ESPECIALLY, when Stephen said that we should just pick up Papa Johns so that we didn't have to worry about dinner.

The only bad part was not having Jacob with us.  He was on a scout overnighter.  He LOVES camping and I'm sure was having a blast with his friends, but I was just sad that he wasn't with us!  I don't know how I'm going to do it when my kids start leaving home.

Well, on to a new week.....

No comments: