Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Ash

I have been doing quite a few photo shoots lately.  Today Ashley came skipping in from preschool as I was setting up for a shoot.  I asked if she would come stand in so that I could get my white balance and settings all set.  She was MORE than happy to oblige me because she had JUST picked out a new ring and crown from her preschool treasure box.

I used her to get all my settings then off she skipped and in came a sweet little newborn.  I didn't even think anything about the pictures I had taken of Ash until I sat here tonight looking at the newborn shots.  I usually just delete, delete, delete the test shots.  BUT I loved looking at my Ash with ALL her fun expressions.  She really has such a fun personality.

 Ring

Ring2ED

Ring3   

The other day we were at Target shopping.  A man dressed very nicely with a goatee reached in front of us to grab something off a shelf.  Ash told him, "Wow, you look very impressive!"  He looked down at her with a smile and thanked her for the compliment.  I looked down and asked her if she even knew what impressive meant.  "Yes, I do mom.  It's when you wear really cool clothes and you look really cool."  Of course this made the man smile even more. 

Interesting to note, she has never told me that I look impressive :(

3 comments:

Angie White said...

I love your kids' red hair! I used to have red hair... Hope when I have kids some day that they have red hair! Such cutie pies!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

cute story! :) My kids have never called me impressive either...

Libby said...

That's a mighty impressive ring! a story to write down for sure. (does my daughter's friend calling me cool count even if it is after a questionable parental decision on my part?)