Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Understanding Exposure Book

Oh my goodness, I think I'm going to post a picture of myself EVERY week so that all of you can lift my self esteem.  Thank YOU!  It WAS a fun little photo shoot with Kaylee being busy behind the camera and all her little comments to us.

I just read and LOVED this photography book.  I kept seeing it recommended everywhere, so I thought I would check it out.  The author had so many explanations and tips.  For some reason I was really into the depth of field button and concept.  I have never used that button and haven't really concentrated on my percentages of focal point and distance to the background like I should be.  There is just always so much to learn and try.  You can read more about the book here - Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera

 
I'm grateful for my little girls to practice on.  It is hard to focus on eyes and work on skin tone with an inanimate object.

I pulled Ash away from her Valentine making with Jerrica and she proceeded to give me 20 different expressions in two minutes.
 Candy HEar4t Candy HEar5tCandy HEar3tCandy HEar2t
Sometimes I wish that she would just sit still for a minute, but that's not my Ash!  My Ash is that last picture with that little dimple by the side of her lips, twinkle in her eyes, and the readiness to run and do anything. 

ANYWAY, I get to play with my camera, Ash gets a plethora of pictures for her scrapbook- its a win, win situation. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous pics as always! Could you share a little about how you do your girls hair? How long does it take to do that many heads? Where do you get the ideas for all the different styles? They all always looks so cute - just curious how you find the time with everything else. Thanks!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

so cute!!!