Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Symphony Note

A few weeks ago I set a can of Pringles on Jacob's desk with a note that I wrote on the can with a Sharpie.  Well, all the other kids kept asking why Jacob got something special and they didn't.  I told them that he needed a little something because he was having a hard week.  We talked about how life doesn't always give EVERYONE something special at the same time.  AND how we need to be aware of those that do need a little something special to help them when life gets hard.  It was amazing then how the attitudes changed and sweet notes were given to Jacob that night.

I did realize that I needed to do sweet treats or notes more often than I do.  SOOO, today I grabbed Kaylee's favorite candy bar and stuck it in her PJ drawer to find tonight.  I'm excited to see her smile after she finds it.

Symphony

She sooo deserves it.  She is always so good to everyone.  She practices soccer with Nathan.  Lugs Jerrica around playing with her.  I don't think a night goes by without her setting a glass of ice water by my nightstand for me.  Rebecca shares a room with Kaylee and usually falls asleep reading.  Kaylee then marks and closes her book, and turns off the light.  Well, I guess the other night Kaylee stayed awake making a fancy bookmark for Becca and slipped it into her book to surprise her.

She sooo deserves a special treat, and I'm soooo excited for her to find it!

4 comments:

Jean S. said...

You have inspired me to do this too! Thanks for sharing your family with me! ;o)

Jaymerz said...

I LOVE this idea, thanks for always sharing your great ideas!!

Kat said...

Great idea and what a sweet girl your daughter is!

marie said...

This is such a sweet idea! Thank you for sharing. :)