Friday, January 14, 2011

Snowflake Tortillas

Remember how I have a little girl obsessed with making snowflakes?  Well, as soon as I saw this treat on my Family Fun email I knew we would have to try it out.  You fold your tortilla into quarters and cut a shape on each side with kitchen shears....

Tortilla2

Unfold your snowflake and admire it.... Tortilla4

Brush melted butter onto your tortilla flake and then sprinkle some yummy cinnamon sugar on it....

Tortilla5

Then we stuck them in the oven on a low broil to heat it up.  We admired the pretty sugar crystals when they came out of the oven.  They look like snow crystals, and oh they are YUMMY!  Perfect project for a snowflake maker!

 Tortilla

I think that projects involving treats are always the BEST!

1 comment:

Jaymerz said...

That is a great idea!! We just made paper snowflakes yesterday and the kids had a ball, I think they would enjoy this.