Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Swimming

I miraculously signed up ALL SIX kids in either swim lessons or a swim team at the SAME time twice a week at the SAME place.  This is big since they have such varied swimming abilities and ages.  I am so stoked about this!

I try and do a winter swim class because numbers are so much lower and the kids get more one on one time with their teachers.

Ashley was quite upset that she has a man teacher.  She was in a tizzy the minute she came and sat by me after her class.

"Mom, he is a BOY!"

"Ash, he seems like a really fun teacher.  I bet he is one of their BEST teachers"

"He is a boy and boys don't like butterflies and so he won't do the butterfly with me"

"What do you mean by butterfly?"

"You know mom, the butterfly SPLASH.  He is not going to do it because he is a BOY"

I couldn't help but smile to myself.  First that she had heard of the butterfly stroke before, tucking it into her memory as something she wanted to learn, and second the connection of boys not liking butterflies.  Ash just makes me laugh.

Also I had forgotten what a good swimmer Jacob is.  I was proud watching him swim laps.  I can't believe that he is my son, since I look like I'm drowning when I try to swim.  Maybe it could be due to the fact that his dad is such an incredible swimmer! 

No comments: