Monday, February 7, 2011

Wax Hearts

During one of the snow days we made these wax hearts for the girls' windows.

First we made crayon shavings....

Wax3

Then we put them in the middle of a sheet of wax paper, which we folded over.  Next we put the newprint paper over and ironed...

Wax2

Yes I let Ash iron.  It's during these little projects that my kids can learn how to use an iron and other things with me supervising.  Then we lifted off the paper to see our creations....

Wax6 Wax5 We finished by cutting hearts out of the wax paper and hanging them in the window for the sun to shine thru...

Wax

I do enjoy doing projects with the kids.  There really is a plethora of kids crafts that can be found on the internet.  They usually take less than a half hour to do.  What I LOVE about projects is being stuck together visiting with the kids as we create, seeing their creativity expand and grow, seeing how excited they get about their creations, AND how hard they work to get their jobs done so they CAN do these projects, AND then sending these projects to grandparents brightening their day,.... AND that is why I do so many projects with them!!!!

1 comment:

Km said...

Kid projects are so much fun!!! Learning +quality time + creativity =perfect in my book! I bet they enjoyed this one!