Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Owl Handprints

So here at the Thompson's when the kids aren't in school, I ALWAYS get the question, "Mom is there a project we can do?"  AND I know that a project can keep kids busy for a spell, SO we usually do some type of project.  I also LOVE handprint art because it captures little chubby hands, SO I couldn't resist this one that I saw HERE  on Jill's cute blog.  I think they would be cute to make for Valentines and write on them, "WHO do we love?.....YOU" or "I love you THIS much!"

The boys were having a playdate, SO us girls got busy cutting, gluing and then the fun part of painting.  I was proud at how well Ash cut all her pieces.  I smiled at the direction and placement of the owl's pieces.  Rebecca wanted eyelashes on hers to make it a girl owl, so Ash had to follow suit.  Jerrica insisted on having her owl body upside down and said that it wasn't upside down.  Of course I had to take pictures of all the finished products.  They each tried to look like their owl....

Owl Owl4 Owl5  Owl2

They really did turn out cute.  The pictures don't do them justice because of the bright light from the window.  I told the girls that one of them needs an owl themed room so that we can frame and hang them up.  Of course all of them volunteered to have their rooms redecorated in owls.  I sure love visiting with my girls as we work on projects.

As soon as Jerrica finished hers she ran and got a coloring book with markers, and started working on another masterpiece.  I swear these girls would make and do projects all day long if I let them...

Jera Marker  Jera Marker3  Jera Marker5

.....and I would probably take pictures all day long if they would let me!

3 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Becca looks so cute with braces!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

very fun! my kids love to do projects all day too

Unknown said...

They turned out absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for linking to me.

Jill