Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Purpose of the Task

I LOVED this post today from Becky Higgins, check it out HERE.

She talks about "the purpose of the task is to strengthen the relationship".  That is so true, yet is often forgotten.  Doing puzzles and crafts with my kids aren't necessarily about doing them, but more about strengthening my relationship with my kids.  We are spending time together working on a task.  Even dates with Stephen aren't all about critiquing restaurant food or movies, it's about strengthening our relationship.  Sometimes I get so caught up in the task I forget what is REALLY more important. 

Anyway, read Becky's post.  She can express herself better than I.

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so true :) some of my best memories are making stuff with my children

gnomeswife77 said...

You inspire me everyday to be a better mom. Thank you for all you do. All your ideas and fun things you do, encourage me to do the same. I hate it though because people think I'm awesome, but they are YOUR ideas! So thanks for being awesome! I am a faithful reader everyday!