Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recipe

Do you have friends that it seems like EVERY one of their recipes are delish?!?  Trenya is one of those for me.  She gave me this recipe probably ten years ago, and our family just loves it.  Very simple ingredients, yet oh so yummy!  The title of the recipe is Mir's Chicken.  I grew up with chickens and wondered what the Mir meant.  I knew it wasn't a type of chicken and thought maybe it was a flavor.  Once I asked Trenya and she replied, "Oh that's my aunt".  Well, we don't know Mir, but we sure do know her chicken!

Anyway, had a friend ask for this recipe and thought that I would share it here as well...

Mir Chicken 

Speaking of recipes, I just made granola this morning.  Have you tried that recipe from my sidebar?  It is divine!

5 comments:

tren said...

Sorry, Shauna, but I don't have an aunt named Mir. Hahaha. Your mind must be getting feeble in your old age ;0) I got the recipe from my sister, who got it from her ex mother-in-law, I think. I have no idea who Mir is! (The recipe actually called for chicken pieces, with bones, but I changed that).

Unknown said...

Trenya, I swear you said that she was your aunt. You will have to ask your sister if she knows a Mir.

And NO Miss Trenya, I AM NOT getting old! :)

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

looks yummy :) maybe Mir could be a mystery person.....

Freddie said...

It sounded so yummy, we had to have it last night.
I used some fancy rose skinned french sort of potatoes and left them with the skin for visual effects. And we had broccoli instead of beans as it had to be eaten. Mjumm, was that yummy!
So whoever Mir was/is/could be, thanx, Shauna, for sharing this fast and easy recipe!!

Anonymous said...

Made it.
Loved it.
Thank You!