Friday, February 4, 2011

Seven Dates

I'm always trying to think of gifts that I don't have to spend that much money on for Stephen because I know it's his hard earned money that I'm spending, AND he appreciates it when I try to be frugal.

SO I came up with the seven "dates" idea.  It is actually seven dates from the calendar.  The first date is January 25th of 1995 and the last date is February 14th of 2011.  I took my journal and copied six entries that highlighted the first time that I met Stephen, one of our first dates, the day we got married....

7 Dates2

They were so fun to go back and read and see all my feelings that I had for Stephen and what I thought about him.  I'm hoping he enjoys going down memory lane and seeing MY side of the story.  I then made a February 14, 2011 entry.  I know the date isn't here yet, and technically I can't journal what hasn't happened, BUT I can write all that I want to happen on that day.  I mentioned the place I will take him for lunch, all that I want to do on Valentines Day, and also how I feel about him now.

I rolled all seven entries up, and tied them with red raffia.  Then I numbered them in chronological order and will have him open one a day until Valentines Day when he will open the last one that will highlight our day. 

7 Dates

Stuck them in this cute pencil holder that Nathan made in art, and voila there is a very cheap and easy present for Valentines Day, YET I really do think Stephen will enjoy it!

7 comments:

T.Irwin said...

Love it!!! What a great idea! I'm so copying you! LOL!

(btw: I sent you an email yesterday)

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

i love it...you are so creative...i may have to try this too.

Teachinfourth said...

I hope he doesn't arrive at your blog and discover the surprise early...

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

very neat idea :)

Michelle @ Crafts and Crap said...

That is such a cute and sweet idea. I'm sure he will love it.

Ryan M. Spillane said...

You are so cute, Shauna!! I love your idea. I wish I was better at keeping a Journal so I could do this.

Mom said...

Fun idea, Shauna Rae! Keep that love alive! I do read all your blogs, but don't always take the time to comment on them. Love you so-o-o-o-o-o