Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Random One

Here is yet another random post...

Mom and I got our seeds ordered today.  I also planted my tomato seeds inside today even though the temperatures outside were below zero.  I try and start my tomatos around Valentines Day and then put them outside in Wall of Waters the first week of April.  We still get some good snowstorms in April, but they seem to thrive inside the Walls.  I'm just getting sooo excited to start gardening outside again.

Tomato

A couple of weeks ago I went over to a friend's house and she helped me get my boys cub scout awards all set to frame.  She had the fabulous idea of using the back of the cub scout shirt as the background for the awards.  I just cut the badges off the shirt and hot glued them on to the shirt background.  The frame has the glass a half inch out so that there was plenty of room for the awards.  Now I just need to get these hung in their rooms AND keep pushing them along with their Boy Scouts.

Scouts2 Scouts

I have gotten a lot of emails and questions for ideas of what I put into the kids mailboxes.  So here it is:  treats, fun things from Target's dollar section, Valentine socks, can of pop, Valentines that grandmas send, notes from Stephen and I, the kids even make their own notes and pictures to each other, candy, my sister Kristy put different sprinkles and things to decorate cut out cookies in each of her girls boxes, jewelry for the girls, gift cards, Valentine pencils, coupon booklets... seriously the list can be endless.  Here was the pink hot chocolate from Target and then the little girls helped me bag the fun heart marshmallows to go with it for each kid. 

I always smile when I have the little girls fill the boxes and put the flag up.  Ashley always tells Jerrica to close her eyes when they do hers so that she doesn't see the surprise.  Then right after they finish she will say, "Jerrica open your mailbox and see what's in it", like she hasn't been there filling them.

Boxes

Then the other question I get is about my girls hair.  I do it every day because it drives me crazy if its hanging in their eyes all day.  It really doesn't take long to pull it into something and then they feel better AND look better all day long.  I did a post about hair clear back HERE.

Next is Rebecca's heart picture.  I didn't take my boys pictures, because they are soooo old! :)  I did however take Rebecca's picture for Valentines too.  I just don't post everything here, some pictures I save for the kids books.  BUT since there were those that were curious, here are a couple of Becca's... (also the free Valentine card templates were from Florabella and MCP Actions blogs)

Becca Valentine3 Becca Valentine

I do have a photography post coming up that will answer some of the other questions. 

AND I think that is enough randomness for one night!

2 comments:

Valeri said...

You are so inspiring, Shauna! I wish I could just borrow you every time I need help with Chloe's hair, a craft idea or project, my blog book, and so many other things! You are so good at your role as a mother. I really can't even say how impressed I am. Your children are lucky to have you, and are sure to carry on your strengths and good habits.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shauna! You are awesome!

Beth