Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Girls and Hair

I remember when we found out that Jerrica was a girl. Stephen instantly thought, "another wedding to pay for" and I thought "another head of hair to do each day". It really takes such a chunk of time to get all four girls ready for the day, and I'm anal about making sure it gets done.

Anyway, as I was putting the hair box away today, I thought that I should document this because it's not going to last too much longer. The girls will get older and not need my hair service any longer. I LOVE the one on one time I get with each girl as I do their hair. They talk, laugh and giggle as I pull their hair into their fancy up do. I love kissing each one on the cheek after I have finished their hair and telling them how beautiful they look.

I get a kick out of the girls doing MY hair because they too, kiss me on the check and tell me how beautiful I look with my twenty pigtails all over my head. They tell me to look at the window or something just as I tell them, so that they will turn their head. Monkey see, Monkey do!!!

I love our hair box above, that color obsessive Aunt Kristy gave us to keep all of the hair bobbers sorted. We just snap off the color we need and are ready to go. Thanks again Kris! I'm also glad that Alesha taught me how to curl with the flat iron. That is SOOO much faster and actually holds the entire day!


Then I love making bows, headbands, and ribbons with my sisters. They are a fun accessory for my girls. Especially my girls that HAVE to be "fancy". I'm excited for the new idea that I'm doing with my sisters. We are taking a few shots of our girls with their hair done and going to make little laminated cards on a ring out of them to hang on the hair box. Then the girls can look through them for different hair styles. It will just be fun for them to see all their cousins and themselves. OK now I really do sound anal about hair! And looking at mine right now, you wouldn't think I was that obsessed with hair!!!

No comments: