Sunday, January 18, 2009

Born With Talents and Traits

Jerrica LOVES pens and pencils. I know, I know... she's going to poke her eye out or get lead poisoning. She is just so obsessed with holding and having them AND drawing. She draws on books, tables, walls, and herself. She shrieks and throws major fits when we take them away. I don't remember any of my other kids having such a love for pencils and writing. She literally has been obsessed with them since she was able to grasp and hold them. Anyway, I had to document this obsession with Jerrica's writing. I started thinking of what the other kids liked at this age and was amazed at how their love is still literally "their love".
Jacob loved books. I have tons of pictures of him reading. He would sit in his room forever just pulling out books and looking at them. Well, he still LOVES books. I'm amazed at how quickly he can devour them. He always has a book to take with him in the van. In fact, he's upstairs in his room reading right now.
Then there is our Nathan. He was always obsessed with balls. We remember how he would go over to a wall as a toddler and roll or throw the ball at the wall for hours. He would always tote a ball under his arm. I don't know how many MILLION times we have told him not to play ball in the house, yet I can hear him up in his room right now throwing a nerf ball at his wall. He is such an incredible athlete though.

I know we are born with inherit talents and interests. I think it's so interesting how it is displayed right from the start. I'm sure our little Jerrica is going to be an amazing artist or author someday. I just wish she wouldn't use my walls and books to practice on.


No comments: