Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years

For New Year's Eve we had the Spillanes over to celebrate. We ate pizza and plenty of other appetizers and goodies. We played games. One game we would set our little timer for 2 minutes and hide it somewhere in the house and then give the kids vague clues of where it was. They had to race around to find it before it would go off. They were way into that. Then we played the holiday game where each person was a different holiday. Our last game we had to dress up in these winter clothes as everyone chanted 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 .... I think Stephen was the only one to beat the time limit. Jerrica loved walking around the rest of the night in the scarf. Anyway, then we watched movies and until the countdown. It was a fun night.
For Family Night on Monday we talked about setting goals and using our time wisely. Basically a lesson for me to apply. Anyway, for the activity we cut up magazines with pictures of the activities that we want to accomplish this year. Now to keep our resolutions!!
I had to post this picture of Ashley's crazy hair. We took it on New Years Eve. She has sooo much hair. Everyone constantly comments on it.

Last but not least is my fun project for the week. Ashley started Sunbeams at Church on Sunday and I felt bad that I didn't have a little bag for her to keep her scriptures in. Of course one won't work because all my girls want new bags for their church things. They have been fun to make. I tried making each one different hair color etc. for my girls. I should've taken a picture of all of them, but I still have one left to make!


2 comments:

Jennie Blaser said...

That bag is so cute! I loved seeing all the pictures of your kids! WOW! I'm so impressed you have six. Three has been enough for us. So, you are in YW?. I'm in the Primary Presidency and it is fun, but crazy at this time of year with all the switching around. Fun to get back in touch with you. I'd love Missy's blog or e-mail if you have it!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Those bags are so cute. You did a GREAT job!