Thursday, January 22, 2009

Notes

Today I volunteered at the girls' school. I always try and leave a post it note on their desks when I leave. Anyway, today Rebecca came running back in the classroom from recess and caught me in the act. She squinted her little eyes and got such a wide little grin as she read my note. She said, "I just love you so much mamma". Of course I was elated and thought what a simple little thing as a post it note, can bring such love and joy to another. Anyway, it got me thinking of notes and how much I love writing and receiving them.
Stephen had given me this note last Christmas. I had seen an Oprah show where she was talking about how special a framed note can be for the recipient. I commented on it to Stephen and of course a light went on in his head as he thought, "that's something FREE I can give her and she wants it!!!" It was a win win for both of us that year because I did LOVE it. It's so Stephen too, because he misspelled a word and just corrected over it. Anyway, I love having it in my room to remind me that "I make his life beautiful".
My other special note that I have framed is from Rebecca. Last year she was in half day Kindergarten and always wanted a project or something to do in the afternoon. Well, one day when I was BUSY with my project she started hounding me for something to do. She was just starting to write so that phonetically you could understand it. So I told her to go and make a list of her favorite toys or favorite games. A little while later she came down with a list, but told me that she decided to make a list of all the things she liked about me. Of course I cried as I sounded out each one. I loved her spelling and list so much that I have had it by my nightstand since that day. She always comments on how I framed it and have kept it. I LOVE it and will always treasure her sweet comments to me. Below is her list to me:

Anyway, I just love notes. I love writing them to people and I love receiving them. I do save a lot of them too. A friend from basketball told me that her sister just had a book made of all the love notes and cards her husband had given her over the years. She scanned them in and then had Shutterfly do the rest. That is something that I MUST do. I wish that I would have saved more of Stephen's notes. I guess he will just have to start writing more to me!!!!


5 comments:

Jennie Blaser said...

That is such a sweet post! I should remember to keep and frame some of those notes. What a treasure that one from your daughter is. Thanks for sharing! (do you play Basketball still?) I was just playing with my kids and they were So impressed when I dribbled between my legs. Ha!

Angie said...

What a beautiful way to showcase the love...I'm going to have to do that! Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. It really touched my heart!

Unknown said...

So cute. Isn't it wonderful that our most treasured gifts are those that are full of love and FREE?

{oc cottage} said...

Adorable!

m ^..^

Chris said...

Hold the phone. You have SIX kids!! You are a saint. :) I love this idea, and I'm going to use it! Thanks for sharing!