Sunday, June 13, 2010

This Week's Activities

We went skating

Skating3

Skating

We tried and LOVED the corn syrup painting.  The colors were so bright and the texture fun to work with.  You can see directions on how to do it HERE

Painting

Painting2

We had a ping pong tournament.

Ping

We went to a museum.

Museum

Museum2

Museum3

Summer23

Nathan had a tournament up at Dicks Field in Denver on Friday.  Since we were so far north we ran up to the two different statue places.  The one is beautiful and has statues like the one with Jerrica above.  Here is my POST from last year from this park.  The problem we ran into was the rain.  We ordered pizza and ate in the pavillion hoping the rain would stop but it didn't.  The kids still insisted on seeing the statues so we ran around in the rain looking at them.  The kids enjoyed the rain, but I know we would have enjoyed the park a little longer if the sun would've been out.  Oh well, the kids kept saying that the best part of the day was running around in the rain.

The other place is stuff made from junk.  It wasn't raining so I did get a few pictures there.

Szoo5

Szoo2

Szoo6

Szoo

Szoo4

Szoo3

We did some other things too but I thought that I would put them in separate posts so that this one wouldn't be picture overload.  I'm really excited about something that Kristy did for Stephen and I, but thought that I would add it to the activity that we are doing tomorrow ....

4 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

I love these junk sculptures! So cool. You guys are have the best field trips!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

love the photos of everyone together and love the junk sculptures! gonna have to visit there if we ever make it home!

Paula said...

Where was this...the junk sculptures? Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

The junk sculptures are called Swetsville Zoo and they are in south Fort Collins. The other sculptures are 2 exits south in Loveland at the Benson Park. I LOVE that one!