Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hiking Bracelets

We took a picnic and hiked up one of Ute Valley trails.  

I had seen this idea in Family Fun quite a few years ago and decided to try it today.  You turn duck tape sticky side out and make a little bracelet.  Then as you find treasures you can stick them on your bracelet.  Before we even left the picnic site, the bracelets were filling up with flowers, leaves and small evergreen cones.
Hike
Hike2
Everything stuck REALLY well.  It was fun to see what the kids choose to stick on their bracelets.

It was a great hike UNTIL Jacob's eyes started to water and itch.  We forgot to do his eye drops before we left.  Ash was set on making a hide out, but we had to save it for another day.
Hike3_edited-3
 Hike4_edited-2
There are so many fun things that we did today, but once again I'm too tired to post them tonight.  I still have our Arizona reunion to finish up on.  I can NEVER get all caught up because we just keep on living each day.  I try to always just highlight favorite events and activities on my blog, but with cousins here around the clock it seems like everything is a highlight!

2 comments:

tren said...

I love this idea. I'm totally going to steal it.

Rachel S. Smith said...

I am going to use this idea for our webelols outing! Hey. I know these pretty little girls!!!