Monday, June 21, 2010

"Another" Canvas

When we paint its usually on a blank white paper or canvas.  THIS project made me think of other mediums to paint on ... a phonebook or dictionary.  With water colors you can see the words underneath which adds another dimension.
Butterfly3
We did butterflies and bugs to make a collection.
Butterfly
 Butterfly2
After they painted I had them loosely cut the butterflies out.  Then I added a few white drops here and there and did the eyes.  I had a long frame so we stuck them all into it to complete our collection of butterflies artwork.  The picture really doesn't do it justice, its quite a cute piece of artwork.
Butt
People ask why I do so many art projects with my kids.  First of all, I LOVE art and creating.  Secondly, I love how my kids open up and talk about things as we are sitting there together painting, gluing, sculpting, drawing....  So it is a way to hear them open up.  Then of course I love seeing the creative juices flowing out of each kid and how differently they think and create things.  And last but not least it makes for gorgeous displays to decorate our home.  So there you have it!

No comments: