Monday, June 28, 2010

Jerrica + Books = LOVE

When I first married Stephen and was looking through his wallet I found EIGHT library cards from all different states and places.  I asked him WHY? to which he responded that he may go back to some of these libraries someday, and may need them.  The man has a love for books and libraries.  What I didn't realize was that my children would have such a love for books.

As I was sorting pictures into folders tonight of each of my kids.  I was amazed at how many book pictures I have of Jerrica since January.  I shouldn't be amazed though because she usually has books around her!

Here she is waiting for story time with her chin on the stack of books that I'm "supposed" to read ...

Jera BooksED She loves to "read" outloud  looking at the pictures.

Books2 books

Most times she is reading to one of her babies.

Story Time5

However, she loves to read with her sister and I.

 Story Time3 Story Time4

Reading on the stairs has always been a favorite little reading spot.

Books3

There for a while my stairs were always looking like this with her babies lined across a step and then she would sit at the bottom going through the books with them.  I must have snapped this one in February judging from the books.

Story Time6

I'm glad that she loves books like her dad.  One day when I'm blind and lying there in the nursing home she will read to me!

4 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

I think you are wrong about 1 thing Shauna...you will NEVER be in a nursing home! Mothers like you will have children who will take care of you till your last breath. That is your reward for being so amazing to them through out their life! Now my mother in law, SHE will be in a nursing home :). Haha.

tren said...

Oh, I wish my children would read more. Tom's not a reader at all, and I'm usually too busy to read, so they haven't had quite the example that your kids have had. It makes me so happy when I see them pick up a book and read. Naomi loves books right now. Hopefully it'll stick!

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

My girls are the same way, they loooove to read! But, so do I, heehee...

Rebecca Clerc said...

My oldest loves to read also. I have set them up goodreads account to keep track of their books. They love to look at all the books they have read. You should check it out.