Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Update

Our weekend weather had snow and lots of cold,

Snow

And I still let Jacob go on his Scout overnight camp out.  I sooo didn't want him to go because it was snowing and cold.  But looking into his excited big eyes to go ice fishing and be with some of his best friends, I just couldn't say no.  Instead, I bought him a ton of hand and foot warmers and prayed for him to stay warm.

Outdoor soccer games were canceled, but the basketball games were still on.

Nathan Bball2

This ref drove me nuts!  He was on a total power trip and called two technicals for such weird things.  I wish that Nathan would have chucked this ball at him.  (I know, I know I get a little too intense and competitive with sports)

Nathan Bball This next photo is blurry, BUT I love that you can see Kaylee's shooting form.  She has such a nice little shot.  It also makes me smile to see her defender's hand coming in blocking from the side.

Kaylee Bball2

Kaylee Bball

We also went to an ice festival

IceED Ice5

Look in these next couple of pictures at Kaylee's BLUE lips.  Yes, it was a cold weekend!

Ice3

Ice4

The ice festival was an undersea adventure filled with whales, fish, seahorses, sharks, a pirate ship with golden ice in the trunk, a mermaid, and King Triton's throne

ice8

Ice0

The sculptures were amazing, but the drive home was not so fun because my little Ashley got sick. 

Also, went and saw this with some friends

Dear_John_Movie_Poster

Don't you just love to laugh and visit with friends!?!  The movie was filled with love letters, which reminded me of a project that I am working on and will show you this week.

Now on to a new week filled with Dr appointments, practices, volunteering and jury duty .....ugh!!!!

2 comments:

Annie Reed said...

Im so curious to see what your project with love letters is. I started a project with some of grandpa's old love letters and pictures of ancestors. I wonder how similiar they will be! I just need to put some vinyl letters on the bottom of the canvas and then I will post!

Anna Linnea said...

Your are my idol. How do you get so much done in one day!!!