Saturday, February 27, 2010

Family Field Trip Friday

The kids only had a half day on Friday, so we decided to take them on a little family field trip.  Stephen even came along with us.  See if you can guess where we went....

Olympic Day3

OO

Olyy

Olympic Day4

Olympic Day5

Olympic Day7

Have you guessed yet?.... 

Olympic Day6

We went to the Olympic Training Center here in Colorado Springs.  There are only three Olympic training centers here in the United States and we are lucky to have one of them here.  Stephen and I used to go to events held here (especially the USA Olympic volleyball events), but really we haven't been for years.  However, with the Olympic watching we have been doing, we just couldn't resist going.

Olympic Day9

The tour starts out with a movie filled with music and inspiring athlete clips.  Then you get to go and see where they train and even see some of the athletes.   When we were visiting the swimming pool, the tour guide said that Michael Phelps had just been there training a few weeks ago.  There are para-athletes as well that train.  You can see one in the above swimming picture.  They REALLY amaze me because they are overcoming soooo many factors to be able to compete.  Can you imagine how much harder it is for the swimmer above not to have hands to propel him in the water, yet he is out there swimming probably wayyy faster than I can.

I loved the inspiring quotes and words that are hung up on the walls.  I remember in high school seeing and having quotes hung up.  Our basketball coach would even put up words with their definitions, like "intensity".  I think that the more you read these sayings, the more you believe them and then DO THEM!

Anyway, we finished our little outing with a trip to Rizutto's Ice Cream. 

Olympic Day2

Olympic Day 

I love how the Olympics inspire!  I think that I need to get their 20 minute movie clip to watch EVERY day before I go and workout.

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

OKAY! I love this serious of pictures! Really fun! You have a great eye for angles and lighting...and love that your subject is your family. LOVE it!