Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Seal the Deal

Today we had another freezer exchange and can I just say how much I love having all these yummy meals ready to go in my freezer!  My Freezer Friends made calzones, chicken tortalini soup, lasagna, chicken enchiladas and Ranch chicken.  Isn't that a good variety?!?  We do have categories that we switch off each month so that we don't have all soups, or all chicken.
I have gotten quite a few new family favorites from this Freezer group of friends.  Here is a yummy recipe.  My friend calls it "Mom's Beef Stroganoff", but after hearing the story I changed the name to "Seal the Deal Stroganoff"  She was dating her husband at the time and took him home for dinner, which was the stroganoff, and she said that after he had it, that is what sealed the deal to marry her.  SOOOO if you are trying to prove your cooking skills or need to seal a deal, just try this stroganoff. 
Stroganoff
After reorganizing my freezer, I then reorganized my recipe drawer and binder.  It just feels good to have it all organized, now to just keep it that way! 
I need to keep some of my favorites here on the blog in case I lose my copy.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I would love to hear how you organize your freezer meal exchange. I have done freezer meals in the past on my own and I love it! But it sounds like fun to do have an exchange. More variety, less work?? Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas!!

Trev & Hayden said...

Dido to Dana. I want to learn A LOT more on this topic. Please share!! :)