Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Readers

I married a reader so it should be no surprise that our kids LOVE to read.

Every night after we do the bedtime routine the older kids can lay in their beds and read for a half hour.  They usually beg to read longer.  I love this time of night because it seems like everyone is finally settling down.

Reading I LOVE hearing about their books.  AND it's fun to see the genre of books that each seem to enjoy...

Reading4 I also LOVE the library and am so grateful that we have access to soooo many books.

Reading3 I also love to have some classics and favorite books here in our family library.  It's just nice to have them here to grab for the next kid to enjoy.

Reading2

I hope that as my kids continue to get older that they will always LOVE to read and take time TO read.

(After seeing these pictures on the computer I think that it is so fun to see the boys' lamps lighting on the side of them.  I love being curled up in a warm blanket with a small lamp light illuminating my book.  Something about that just makes me feel cozy.)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love your book posts. You've given me so many great suggestions for books for my kids. Thank you so much!

Heather said...

Also, if you have any book suggestions for 9 year old (3rd grade boys) I'd love to hear them! I have a son who loves nonfiction, but I'd like to help him find some good fiction books to develop reading comprehension. So far he has loved Edward Tulane and the Tale of Despereaux. My email address is hmstallings@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!