Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ANYTHING Tile Necklaces

The tile necklaces are so easy and fun to make.  You can print up ANYTHING that you want for your tile.  You could do photos, monograms, a word, symbol...  the longer tiles can even fit a quote on them.  The sky is the limit!  Here are a few that we have made.
Tiles
You buy the small tiles at Lowes or you can get them from www.artfire.com.  Then take diamond glaze (from Hobby Lobby) and brush just a little on to your picture.  Then squish the tile down, pushing the air bubbles out.  After it dries, just turn it over and brush the glaze on the back.  Next stick a necklace hook on the back using the diamond glaze. 
You are done!
You could also use them as magnets just stick magnets on the back instead of the hook.  The necklace hooks and necklaces can be bought from artfire as well, OR you can get them at JoAnn's or Michaels
The CTR one was made from a clipart off the internet that I colored in pink using Photoshop.
Necklace
Like I said, you can put ANYTHING under your glass tile!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I'm not big on necklaces... but, I've never thought of making these as magnets! What an awesome idea!! I'll let you know how they turn out!

T.Irwin said...

My friend makes the magnets and I love them! I've never thought about making a necklace.