Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine Decorations

I've had some emails asking about my Valentine decorations.   So I thought that I would share a few...
DecorationsMy mom ALWAYS has to go to the thrift store when she is in town.  I roll my eyes as I'm taking her, but then always manage to find a treasure or two for myself.  I found the "Works of Shakespeare" book that I thought would be fun on my holiday shelf.  I think that I will find some of his famous passages and mark them in the book. 
Decorations2
Of course ANYTHING in apothecary jars look fun.  

Decorations3 Then there is my LOVE tree.  The little girls keep stealing the hearts off, and looking at this picture I can tell that I'm a few short.  This tree was fun for Halloween because it was the perfect perch for all of my blackbirds.
Decorations4
Of course I have our mailboxes set out, crafts from the kids' school and pictures of the kids here and there.  AND that is pretty much our Valentine set up this year!

3 comments:

brokeintrovert said...

Very nice!

Kim in AZ said...

Can you tell more about the boxes you have for your kids for Valentines day? I bought some awesome mailboxes at Target and would love to be inspired to put them to good use! :)

Unknown said...

There is a picture of the mailboxes under the Valentine's label. I just put in little treats and prizes each day. We also stick letters and notes to each other in them. They are fun!