Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fondue

We have a tradition to have a fancy dinner the night of Valentines Day.  We do this because restaurants are always filled.  Some years we have even made them into a dinner/dance night here at home.
I always try to have something special set by each of their plates for the dinner.  My mom would do this for us.  One year she gave us each a small frame with someone special that we loved (relative, teacher, friend)  I did this one year too, which was fun because each of my kids are close with different relatives.
Another year I did the classic stuffed animal for each of them to snuggle and love on.  That was the year Nathan got the frog which is now officially Jerrica's. 
Other years have been a special letter to them. 
However, I am VERY excited about this year's gift.  It's something that they were going to get anyway, and they are going to be thrilled with it.  I know it will be a treasure for many years to come.
ANYWAY, here is my little invitation that I'm going to give each of my kiddos.
Fondue
I could actually use some chocolate strawberries right NOW!

5 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

...and another great idea! somehow the double dipping hasn't outgrown my children so fondue isn't a regular around here. i'm making chicken cordon bleau...they better love it :)

Doug and Bethany said...

such a cute idea! you're such a good mom! those kids sure are lucky to have you! by the way, Ryder is in NEED of a photo shoot by his cousin shauna!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

So what are you giving them?? The bracelets last year was a fun idea!!

The Childrens Nest said...

Ok that is the cutest thing ever!!!! Love that idea! What a precious mom you are :o)

T.Irwin said...

This is one of my favorite things to do: have a chocolate fondue party. YUM!

Great idea to do it for Valentine's Day.