Thursday, February 18, 2010

Afternoon Projects

Sometimes I LOVE a good project and other times I just get sooo frustrated.
Do you remember my last BIG project?  It was this pretty dresser that was only $25.  I LOVED the handles and didn't need to replace them and I used my own paint.  So I was quite pleased with how my $25 turned out from this ...
Dresser7 into this ...
Chair2

Well today I decided to take on a chair that I want in my craft room for kids to sit on and chat with me as I do my projects.  Here is what it looks like ...
Chair
Scary!!!  I'm doing the wood in a real dark brown stain and then the fabric to recover it is a grey blue and brown geometrical print.  I think it will go perfect with the grey blue walls in there.  I decided that if you want a chair with a fun print you have to do it yourself.
As I was pulling out the 1,000's of staples and dismantling it Ashley comes in and tells me that I'm breaking the chair.  Jerrica is right there trying to help me, but was being a little too helpful and driving me crazy.  I had a hard time with some of the screws that were stripped, so I ran downstairs and had Steve come help.
Of course after taking it all apart, I moved on to my next project which was a vinyl Subway sign.  It totally didn't go as easily as I thought and made me completely frustrated.  Stephen once again was there by my side encouraging me. 
I then moved on to my little book holder shelves that are to go by the kids' desks in their rooms to help take clutter OFF the desks.  My dad had started them for me when I was in Tennessee and of course thought that I needed to be the one to assemble them.  Well, I needed some pieces cut and there was my Stever ready to help me again. 
Chair3
I really don't know how my husband gets any work done here at home.  I DO KNOW that I am so grateful for how patient and willing he is to help me.  Stephen is how I am able to get things done in a day!  I love you Stever, thanks for today!

7 comments:

jae said...

I can't wait to see the finished project. In fact, when I saw the chair I scrolled down for the picture right away. Just bookshelves. Bummer.WORK FASTER!! :)

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

what would we do without our wonderful "supporters"...it is a miracle they get anything done when we've got projects :) i think deep down they love to be needed!

Anonymous said...

Yah! What a great guy! I have a husband like that too, it makes for such a great life, doesn't it?!

charity said...

argh, i was hoping that vinyl sign would go fabulous and easy and make you feel like it was worth finding time to come over and cut it while you were going out of town...sorry...hope it works out great in the end...i have been long delaying the building of book racks for near the kids beds...and I think they are still on the back burner!

Unknown said...

OK...ever impressive. You know how to reupholster furniture? I have a chair that is dying for some attention and I have not even decided on the fabric. I'll need some pointers when you get yours finished.

T.Irwin said...

Wow! that's a lot to do in ONE day :D

I look forward to seeing each of the completed projects, because we ALL know that you are the master of such things!

Mom said...

Shauna I like the chair...it will be fun to see the finished product!....Say, I need you to resend me those love quotes!