Thursday, April 23, 2009

Canning

April 2009 196

This has been a week of CANNING!!!  Yesterday after the zoo, Cari and I went to the cannery and stocked up on quite a few things.  Cari is definitely the professional at the cannery.  The lady there was raving about how flaky and moist potato rolls are that are made with the potato flakes.  I’m excited to get the recipe from her and give them a try.  Anyway, just wanted to thank Cari again for helping the Thompson’s out on their food storage.

Then today Lorinda came over and made Strawberry Freezer Jam with me.  We did take a picture together, but I decided the jam looked more photogenic than I did.  I LOVE strawberry freezer jam and think that I better make some of Grandma Jackie’s bran rolls tomorrow!

I just love adding to my food storage! 

4 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i'm so proud of you gals! canning is something i haven't learned yet but i'm determined to learn it this year! i'm gonna have to teach myself though because it seems to be a lost art! i remember eating strawberry freezer jam at my grandma's house and i just loved it! good luck with the food storage! it feels good to be doing it!

T.Irwin said...

Will you share the recipe when you get it? I would love to make potato rolls - and have them be good. :D

Janetta said...

I would like the recipe as well. I am collecting potato flake recipes for our RS food storage binder right now. email me at: grahmfam@hotmail.com. I like your blog!

Janetta said...

I wrote my email wrong, it's grahamfam@hotmail.com. Oops! Did you go to BYU? You look familiar, like I saw you around campus.