Friday, April 10, 2009

Art

I just love art and creativity. I love when the kids bring home their masterpieces from school or art classes. I try and display it here and there around the house. We have an "ART" wall in the loft that has art that we switch out.
I also have the art magnets on the fridge. Each year the kids get these art packets to order from a company that makes their art into magnets, mouse pads etc. Well I thought the price was outrageous especially times 4 kids. So I took their art pictures to Wal-Mart. Scanned them into the photo machine and printed them up as 4 x 6 prints, 22 cents. Then I bought Wal-Mart's magnetic 4x6 frame for $1. I loved how they turned out and they are bigger and BETTER than the company's! Plus by printing them up as 4 x 6 prints you can mail them to grandparents very easily.

Well, back to why I started this art post. Jacob is very talented. Clear back when he was in Pre-school the teacher always commented on how gifted he was. The last two years he has artwork that the president of TCA requests to be hung in his office for the year. Jacob always gets excited to get the "special" letter from the president. This year he has done drawings for his grade's newsletter as well. Anyway, he recently started an art class after school. Below is his drawing for the week. He had to draw a plate of eggs paying attention to shading. He just amazes me how he can put that dimension in his drawings, especially since his mother and father only draw stick figures. I'm just proud of his special talent!

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

I love art and drawing...and it takes time and practice to develop that talent (I don't devote anywhere near enough time to develop mine). I think it's great that he is taking art classes, because he really does have an incredible talent at his age and it will get better...imagine the possibilities! wow!