Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Dinner

Tonight we had our Fondue Dinner.  We had cheese and chocolate fondue pots mixed with a Sunday dinner.  Of course the chocolate pot was the biggest hit!

V Dinner2

My gifts for each of the kids were their 2009 Photo Books. 

V Dinner

I put them together back in January and I decided then to save them for Valentine's Day.  The kids were soooo excited to look at "their" book AND at all the other books.  I kept telling Stephen, "Look at them - they are STILL looking at the books!"  Some of the pictures they hadn't ever seen and of course some of the pictures sparked memories that we had to reminisce about.

V Dinner3

V Dinner4

I think this might be a tradition to get them done in January and give them out on Valentines Day!  Thanks again for the idea Sherelle!

8 comments:

stephanie said...

I'm new to your blog but already love your photos and I think that turning them into books for your kids is an amazing idea!
My husband and I are finally going invest in a nice camera and I cannot wait to take great pictures of my kids. Might have to copy the idea too! Thankyou in advance :)

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Shauna, I LOVE your books! I am anxious to look at them when we come to visit!!

Love,
Kris

emily said...

LOVE this idea! where do you get your books printed? i know there are so many book printing sites out there these days.

Unknown said...

I printed them through Blurb. I love how easy it is. You just download the folders of each kid. The downloading goes WAYYY fast. Then arrange pictures how you want and there you have it!

Unknown said...

Shauna, I have been so looking forward to pictures from your fondue dinner, it looks like so much fun! And I love love love those books...I want my own children just so I can make them their own books ;)

Kerry said...

New fans of your blog! My boys are two...but we LOVE crafts and making events feel special. You have amazing ideas. So creative! The books are just awesome!!

Jessica Stier said...

Whoa!!!! These photobooks are seriously amazing! I'm super impressed. Plus, this is such a great idea for gifts for your kids. I think I'm going to steal it for next year. Such a smart cookie, you are!

Oh, your family is beyond adorable!

Thanks for stopping by MomShots today. Us beautiful light loving crazies have to stick together! :)

Take care!
Jessica
www.MomShots.com

Paula said...

What an amazing mom you are!