Friday, November 20, 2009

I’m Proud of YOU Mom

A few weeks ago when I was playing basketball I hit another woman with my elbow as I was coming down from a rebound.  My elbow hit her cheek bone and broke the skin.  Needless to say there was blood everywhere and I felt awful.  I took Ashley over with me that afternoon to run a fruit basket to her and tell her how bad I felt that it had happened. 

ANYWAY, today I had this conversation with Ashley.

How was your class Ash?

It was fun!  How was basketball?

I had fun too.

Did you hurt anybody this time?

No I didn’t.

Oh Wow Mom, that’s great that you didn’t hurt anybody.  I’m so proud of you.

I felt like this giant, beastly bully that beats up other moms!

2 comments:

T.Irwin said...

LOL! I love that last comment! and that is really cute that your daughter is looking out for you like that. too funny!

How was the other mom? did she respond well to your visit? I'm sure she did. It's hard to miss your giant spirit! I remember it well!

jae said...

Maybe this isn't the first time this has happened?? :)