Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Books

I’m sure that most of you have heard of the fun idea of wrapping up 24 Christmas books and then unwrapping one each night to read.  I like it because you don’t know which one you will be reading AND you get all of your favorites read.

I just wanted to remind all of you though, to USE the LIBRARY.  I got a few that I would love to have in my collection but don’t have the funds to buy them right now.  The library still has a huge selection, and the books I checked out will not be due until the end of December.  SO, don’t forget to check out some favorites at the LIBRARY.

My other source for my wrapped stories are from my file.  I have a couple that aren’t in a picture book format, but I love the story.  I took my copy, stuffed it in an envelope and had the kids wrap it just the same. 

Presents

A book that we added last year was “Humphrey’s First Christmas”.  I LOVE the illustrations and the message.  Check it out here - Humphrey's First Christmas

Humphrey

SOOO, don’t forget the LIBRARY, or your paper stories.  If you want a copy of my list of favorites, just comment or email me and I will send ya one!  I would ALSO LOVE to hear what your favorite Christmas stories are.

A big thanks to Nathan and Kaylee for wrapping and getting our basket of books ready to go!

13 comments:

jae said...

I want the list!!

Dana said...

I would love to have the list also!

Amber said...

Shauna, what a great idea. I would love to have a copy of your list.

Tecia said...

Great idea , Please send me a list of your books as soon as you can. Thanks!!

lanisue said...

I would love a copy.

Whitney said...

Yes! I would love to have your list. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ooops...for the last comment from Whitney...please send to w.sayler@cox.net

Unknown said...

Dana email me with your email address and I will forward them on to you. I emailed the rest of you that commented or emailed me so let me know if you didn't get them!

Angie said...

Shauna,

May I please have a copy of your list? Thanks!

Jacki said...

Hi! What a wonderful tradition. I would love to see your list of books please. Thank you so much. Happy Holidays :)

Miriam said...

I just found your blog and love you style! I'd love a copy of your list if I could. miriam_franson@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Jacki, I need your email. Just email me at ssjt@juno.com and I would be happy to forward you the list.

Ron and Sonya said...

I just found your blog from UCreate...so so cute. I'd love to do this for my grandchildren next year...I'd love it if I could have a copy of your list. Thanks so much!