Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Grateful for Dad

We pull out a gratitude card every night before we go to bed.  I do this so that I have a heads up on what we need to do the next day.  Well, the other night we pulled out “We are Grateful for Our Dad”.  As soon as it was read ideas were forming of what could be done to express gratitude for our dad.  I found it very interesting that each of us did something for Stephen that as individuals we enjoy and he enjoys.

For example, Kaylee immediately decided to make his favorite dessert, which is HER favorite dessert as well.  I think the two of them pretty much ate the entire thing!  Rebecca decided to make a card for him.  She LOVES to write notes and draw.  He LOVES to read her notes.  The boys wanted to play HIS favorite game, which is really THEIR favorite game.  It just made me laugh how each shared something that both they and Stephen enjoy!

HOWEVER, this note quite upset me!  Rebecca had everyone sign this huge posterboard card that she had made.  And this is what Nathan wrote, “Dad, You are awesome!  Thanks for making breakfasts, lunches and dinner for us.  And thanks for working so that mom has the money to buy the food.”  Are you kidding me?!?  Does he really think that all I do is “buy” the food.  It made me feel like never cooking again so that he could realize where their meals really come from.  I questioned him on this note he wrote.  To which he replied, “Oh, mom I know you cook for us, I’m just trying to make dad feel good today.”  WHATEVER Nathan!!!!

4 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

oh...i'll be laughing all day long! that letter was great! we have those same discussions at my house too! where's my note? where's my "i just want to make her feel better" note??? :)

Jennie Blaser said...

My 7 year old asked me if I made any money. I explained that I didn't and he said, "So, do you feel okay about stealing from dad?" hmmmm.

Hey, I love your plates with the vinyl quotes. I'd LOVE for you to send me the quotes that you have for each month. I have a vinyl machine and this would make great Christmas gifts. my e-mail is jennieblaser@gmail.com

Thanks!

Sherelle said...

you're such a cute mommy! i love the gratitude card idea...I might need to do this!!!

T.Irwin said...

LOL! I think I would feel the exact same way...WHATEVER, indeed!

:D