Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Time to DECORATE

I figure since my pumpkins outside are turning orange, I can start decorating with orange pumpkins inside. PLUS, it has been sooo cold outside that I actually stayed inside and started dragging out my Fall and Halloween decorations.

ANYWAY, I’ve been trying to describe my shelf to Alesha and thought that I would just do a post on it tonight. This is my holiday shelf in my dining area. I got the idea when the idea room had labels to put on potions and jars. Then I just ran with it filling in with treasures from the ARC and my Halloween decorations.

Halloween

I had this picture of Ashley with a bright orange toadstool that I cropped and blew up. I got different candlesticks at the ARC and spray painted them black. I also scored on a goblet and some fun jars to fill with “Halloweeny” things.

Halloween2

The Dollar Store supplied me with crows, eyeballs and body parts. And the idea room supplied me with labels. At any rate, the kids were way excited to see my witch’s shelf. My favorite part though is Ashley’s mischievious grin.

Jaymie222Edited copy

It has been fun pulling out stuff. I will have to post some other fun “Halloweeny” decor. And yes Stephen has reminded me that it isn’t even October yet. BUT according to our weather outside it sure feels like it!!!

4 comments:

Doug and Bethany said...

That kind of looks like a mischievous face!!!How are you guys doing? We enjoy your blog so much and love the stories. I loved the story about Nathan giving Ashley the compliment. Take care
Doug
p.s. I'm sure you heard I did well on the MCAT and got into medical school. This must have happened because of the goodnight sleep and Steve's breakfast!

tren said...

I love it!

Lorie said...

I love it! It looks SO great!

I saw the greatest gummy candies (vampire teeth, brains, body parts) for Halloween. But they were just little boxes and they were in the airport (so it would have cost a thousand dollars to get enough to go in my apothecary jars) but I am still looking for them!

T.Irwin said...

As usual, you rock! I love the potions bottles. I've done that in the past for my cubicle decor. :D I guess it's getting to that time, eh? Lo