Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Hate the Word “Why?”

Ashley, “Why is dad on the computer?”

Me, “To earn money for our family”

Ash, “Why do we need money?”

Me, “To buy food”

Ash, “Why do we need food?”

Me, “Well you don’t like to be hungry do you?”

Ash, “No, Why do I get hungry….”

These questions are endless!  I think that I hear the word “why” out of her mouth a hundred times a day.  I know it’s because she is curious and learning.  I am patient with the “why’s” in the morning trying hard to answer her and teach her, BUT come nightfall my patience just runs out.

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

:)

One of my nephews (more than the others) did a lot of the why's. and as a good aunt, I was patient. then one time I gave him a very detailed and long explanation (trying to anticipate all the possible why's) and when I was done, he said, "oh."