Saturday, September 19, 2009

She’s My Hero

Alesha

She is my Hero!  She has run 642 miles since February training for this marathon today.  She was very dedicated even running while on vacation.  She runs in the early morning so that she doesn’t take away time from her family.  She researches and is constantly improving how she runs.  She has the Garmin watch that helps her keep track of her running.  She ran one of the most difficult marathons today in Logan Utah, where there were hills.

She needed to run 26.5 miles in 3 hours and 45 minutes to qualify for the Boston Marathon.  She missed the qualifying time by 60 seconds.  60 SECONDS!!! 

I cried as I talked to her today.  I cry as I type this tonight. 

She is my sister, Alesha and she is my hero.  I love you Alesha, and I am so proud of you today.  You are my most Favorite Marathoner EVER!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alesha you rock there is no way I could do something like that!!!

Mom said...

Alesha you are awesome! You are dedicated and I love you!

Trinette McCrary said...

Bless her heart. She is awesome, but ohh I'm so sorry. 60 SECONDS-geez so not fair!!

Anonymous said...

Shauna you made me cry all over again. You're the bestest big Sis! - Alesha