Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cleaning and Canning

They say that -

“Cleaning the house while your kids are still growing

is like

Shoveling the walks while it is still snowing”

Isn’t that sooo true!?! I feel like as I’m cleaning one thing, the two little girls are off destroying another thing. Just as I get that picked up they have done something else. It is just like the quote.

It also reminds me of the book “If you Give A Mouse A Cookie”. And yes I look like that exhausted little boy at the end of the book by the end of the day.

I have been quite busy lately. Mom sent home a box of pears, so I canned them. Had more tomatoes that were getting way too ripe, so canned them as well. And if I do say so, I think that the pears turned out “pretty”. I love the Ball Blue Book. It has an answer for everything! You can check it out here - Ball Blue Book of Preserving

Canning

Thanks for the pears mom. And thanks for keeping me busy girls! I don’t know what I would fill my days with, if I didn’t have you two!

3 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Your pears do look pretty!!
Did you help mom can while you were down there??

Becki Madsen said...

Ummm, you would fill your days with pedicures and photography sessions with me!

Jordan Family said...

okay, so is this the best know all book? i've got to learn how to can! it's one of my main goals this year...first of course being to actually grow the food :) but then canning will be the very next thing. i've been looking for a great book that helps me do it all! i'll look it up...and yes, the pears are very pretty!