Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Harvest

So it snowed yesterday and froze last night. Do you know what that means? Lots of veggies and flowers had to come inside.

I remember when I was a little girl and my Grandma Jackie would bring in all the flowers that she could so that they wouldn’t freeze. My sisters and I would go down and make arrangements to take home. i think that’s why we like to do flower arrangements. I think that grandma was right. It is just as important to harvest your flowers as it is your vegetables.

Today I sent some dahlias with the kids, to take to their teachers. And then I kept some flowers to put here and there in the house.

Flowers

Then I got busy taking care of the vegetables. I even made pear sauce today from a friend’s recipe. I think I like it better than applesauce. It was divine!!!

No comments: